Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:13:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7601 Members
Latest Member: Ariel1eeschimize
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Sky boxes, Terragen & Crystal space.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sky boxes, Terragen & Crystal space.  (Read 3299 times)
gussie
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:08:52 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the steps of the tutorial for importing terragen scenes into Crystal Space.
I've generated the 6 BMPs and placed them in a zip. The tutorial then says to add "skybox" to the world's properties, but I'm not clear on where this is.

Somehow my CS app must be told about the zip to use, do I enter this in  WorldCraft somewhere for it to go into the generated map, or does it go into the CS .cfg file, or do I need to add a function call to my CS app ?

I can't seem to find anything about this step anywhere.

Thanks...
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:18:47 pm »

The two latter options should work. Zips can be mounted using either VFS paths in the .cfg file or you can expicitly mount .zip's in code (tho the .cfg method is preferred and easier to maintain).

You might want to take a look at the Crystal Core demo to get a good example of this - in the /data/levels directory you'll see the data files used by the terrain generator. cs_ground_terr.zip is probably the ZIP file that's akin to what you're trying to do right now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: