Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:45:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8800 Members
Latest Member: Xxbobo
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Another Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another Question  (Read 1868 times)
shukrallah

View Profile Email
« on: September 02, 2005, 02:46:14 am »

Ok, I did it, I managed to get CS working without much trouble. I typed in ./configure -enable-new-renderer then I typed in JAM. It made a bunch of EXEs (I assume, pre-bundled projects?) but it took forever. Is there any way to shorten the compile? If I type in JAM again will it recompile these files?

If so, how can I compile only MY project. I have the new EXEs... so I don't need to sit through another 2 hour long compile... If I am making an application called "game" can I just type in jam "game" or something?

sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:01:05 am »

Once you've built CS, you don't usually need to build it again. Anyhow, typing 'jam' a second time won't cause anything to be rebuilt since all the built stuff will be up-to-date already. If you are ready to create your own game, you usually want to install the built CS toolkit via 'jam install'. You can then use 'jam distclean' to clean up all the temporary build stuff, if you like.

To create your own project, you use the jamtemplate/createproject.sh script. This will set up a skeleton project for you which utilizes the built CS which you installed, so you normally will be building only your own project and linking it against the built CS toolkit. Since you are using the 0.98 release of CS, you will find the createproject.sh script in the CS/scripts/jamtemplate directory. If you move instead to the CVS version of CS (recommended), then you will find the script both at CS/scripts/jamtemplate and at the installed location ${prefix}/share/crystalspace/build/jamtemplate. For further instructions, for the CVS version, see the section "Creating an External Crystal Space Application" in the CS manual at http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/ (presently section 4.21.1). This HOWTO probably is also mostly applicable to the 0.98 release.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 03:04:43 am by sunshine » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: