Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 08:46:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8471 Members
Latest Member: Jeffhogan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Modified GPL License... Will it Affect CS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modified GPL License... Will it Affect CS?  (Read 2306 times)
yoshiguest

Email
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:30:28 am »

Hi, it's yoshi... just too lazy to sign in Tongue

Anyway, I read recently on slashdot.org that they changed the GPL license to make it so that patented software cannot contain any GPLed stuff at all.. or something to that effect (http://slashdot.org/articles/05/09/06/151200.shtml?tid=117).  I dont remember what license CS is (GPL, LGPL, other?) but I was wondering how/if this will affect CS and people like us who want to use CS.  Will we have to make derivative projects free/include our source/etc.?

Thanks,
-Yoshi
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:24:07 am »

Hi, it's yoshi... just too lazy to sign in Tongue

Anyway, I read recently on slashdot.org that they changed the GPL license to make it so that patented software cannot contain any GPLed stuff at all.. or something to that effect (http://slashdot.org/articles/05/09/06/151200.shtml?tid=117).  I dont remember what license CS is (GPL, LGPL, other?) but I was wondering how/if this will affect CS and people like us who want to use CS.  Will we have to make derivative projects free/include our source/etc.?

Thanks,
-Yoshi

Read the slashdot article a bit better. They haven't changed the license yet. The new license is being discussed right now and Stalman only made a proposal for a possible anti-patent clause in it. The new GPL v3 doesn't have that clause in it and will most likely not have it either.

CS is LGPL btw.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: