Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:22:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7595 Members
Latest Member: Rejestruj1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  ./configure seems to go OK, but 'jam' gives lots ov errors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ./configure seems to go OK, but 'jam' gives lots ov errors  (Read 4341 times)
adverb

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2005, 08:39:04 am »

i ran through the Poor man's CrystalSpace compilation (a.k.a compiling CS with OpenSource tools) l, and got everything extracted and installed
i got to the ./configure --enable-new-renderer (because i was using the 98 004 version) and that seemed to go OK
i have the configure output if necessary.
when i ran the 'jam' command, i got lots and lots ov errors similar to the following:

...failed C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/archive.o ...
C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/binder.o
g++.exe: no input files

g++ -c -o ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/binder.o -I. -I./include -I./include -DMSYS -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pipe -march=i586 -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -fno-exceptions -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -pipe -DCS_CONFIGDIR='"/usr/local/etc/crystalspace"' -DCS_PLUGINDIR='"/usr/local/lib/crystalspace"'  libs/csutil/binder.cpp

...failed C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/binder.o ...
C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/cfgacc.o

g++ -c -o ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/cfgacc.o -I. -I./include -I./include -DMSYS -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -Wall -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pipe -march=i586 -I/C/CrystalSpaceLibs/include -fno-exceptions -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -pipe -DCS_CONFIGDIR='"/usr/local/etc/crystalspace"' -DCS_PLUGINDIR='"/usr/local/lib/crystalspace"'  libs/csutil/cfgacc.cpp

...failed C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/cfgacc.o ...
C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/libs/csutil/cfgdoc.o

[edit] the end ov the 'jam' output was:
...skipped cscursor.dll for lack of <plugins!video!cursor!>cursor.o...
...failed updating 637 target(s)...
...skipped 177 target(s)...
...updated 731 target(s)...
[/edit]

then there was no walktest.exe generated.
anyone know what I may be missing?
i can post the configure log
thanks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 08:42:15 am by adverb » Logged
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 08:45:19 am »

The g++ complaint about "no input files" seems to be bogus. In each case, an input file is listed at the end of the build command (i.e. libs/csutil/binder.cpp, libs/csutil/cgfacc.cpp).

What versions of Mingw and Msys are you using? Have you tried the CVS version of CS or the latest pseudo-stable snapshot?
adverb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:32:01 pm »

I have tried both.

I did the CVS first, and didn't get good results, so I did the stable 98 004 - same thing

i have:
MinGW-4.1.1.exe
MSYS-1.0.10.exe
cs98_004.zip
cs-win32libs-0.99r016.exe  (im pretty sure i tried the cs-win32libs-0.98r004_001.exe too, but that didn't work either)

thank you for your help

[edit]
update: i took the same CS directory over to my slackware box.. and it compiled / make'd with no problems at all
the mingw4.1.1.1 is a version newer than what is on the guide, so i guess i'll look for that.
any other suggestions more than welcome, as i am trying to get this to run on windows also
thanks
[/edit]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:28:53 pm by adverb » Logged
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:10:23 pm »

This problem was reported once before. The person experiencing the issue said that re-installing Mingw and Msys fixed the problem. (Presumably he hadn't installed them correctly the first time.)

http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.comp.graphics.crystalspace.general&article=7834

By the way, mixing different versions of CS and cs-win32libs is not a good idea. It usually will result in breakage at build time.
adverb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:26:50 am »

ok.. well i went back, and redownloaded everything

1. MinGW-3.1.0.1.exe
2. MSYS-1.0.10.exe
cs-win32libs-0.98r004_oo1.exe

i installed MinGW to the c:\MinGW32 folder
i installed MSYS to the c:\MinGW32 folder
i installed the cs-win32libs to the c:\CrystalSpaceLibs folder, it copied the relavent files to the c:\CS

the ./configure --enable-new-renderer went well..
but then i got the exact same

...failed C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/plugins/video/render3d/null/null_renderbuffer.o ...
C++ ./out/msysx86/optimize/plugins/video/render3d/null/null_txt.o

stuff over and over

sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 01:47:38 pm »

Normally, you would not install Mingw and Msys in the same folder. Whether or not this is causing a problem is unknown. You might want to try re-installing them separately.
adverb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 01:49:13 am »

ok cool, i will try that..

i may have been 'interpreting' the instructions rather than 'reading' them.. but i swore it said to install them to the same folder.

thank you again for you input, i'll post the results.

im sure it has something to do with how im installing it.. im used to the linux environment that i have set up.. compiling in windows is absolutely foreign to me.
thanks again
adverb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 04:05:24 am »

it seems to be working..

thank you for making it clear..
you beautiful person
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: