Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:14:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7582 Members
Latest Member: Diretz5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  CS not playing with Daq API
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CS not playing with Daq API  (Read 1484 times)
John Anderson

Email
« on: September 30, 2005, 07:53:57 pm »

I'm trying to add data aquisition to my CS application using an IoTech Daq board. They have a C API and I successfully wrote a test application. However, when I try to integrate it with my CS app I get a crash when the program exits because the buffer used by the Daq API terminates early.

Is it possible that CS is cleaning up this memory and is there any way to prevent this? It's just an array of WORDs and is not registered with CS in any way as far as I can tell.

Thanks.
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:59:12 pm »

It's not likely that CS would be touching any resources which it did not allocate itself. Perhaps your application is shutting down things in the wrong sequence, or your acquisition module is being called after your application has already performed cleanup on the Daq stuff?
John Anderson

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 03:51:29 pm »

I did consider that possibility so I have my own class wrapping the daq API which does the shutdown and makes sure I don't attempt to move any information to the buffer after shutdown has started. This also keeps the sequence the same. The problem only occurs when I use the class in this application. It's fine by itself. It's really boggling my mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: