Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 01:21:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8498 Members
Latest Member: Travisware
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  3D max and CS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3D max and CS  (Read 2796 times)
Frimann

View Profile Email
« on: October 13, 2005, 07:13:56 pm »

Hi all

I'm very new in crystal space, so this is probably a rookie question. Or acctually it's more like a request.
I'm in the proces of making a 3D game, and have reached the point where I want to begin to model and animate my characters and all the other game elements.
What I need to know is more or less how crystal space works together with 3D studio max. Is there any general problems that I need to know before I start?

• Will I get problems with my textures?
  • Will my character animations work, if i use biped?
  • In which format should I save my animations/models in order to be able to export them into CS?

Stuff like that. Things i need to consider before I start. I know that these questions probably generate some very long answers, so if you know of some documentation I can find on the web, that would be cool to.
I hope some of you pros outthere can push me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Frimann
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:06:57 pm »

For levels it is best to look at the 3dsmax exporter in CS (scripts/max directory). There is documentation included with that. For animated models you should investigate cal3d. There are tutorials on the Crystal Space community site covering that.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: