Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 04:56:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8378 Members
Latest Member: Gwenlode
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Problem with Compiling CS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problem with Compiling CS  (Read 2859 times)
LightofDarkness

View Profile Email
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:03:14 pm »

Hi,

I've got a question.
When I want to use the engine, I have to compile the files I downloaded first, right?

Well, when I try to compile I get massive amounts of errors (I stopped compiling after 479!) that all say there is something wrong with my winnt and csstring headers. I wonder if anyone has had these problems to and if and how they fixed it.

I'm compiling with MS Visual studio 2005 Pro edition.
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 01:02:08 am »

Without knowing the actual errors you encountered, it is difficult to diagnose the issue.
LightofDarkness

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 01:46:49 pm »

These are the errors. They are the only ones that pop up each time.

"appdir.cpp
d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(222) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
d:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\winnt.h(5940) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
d:\program files\crystal space 3d\cs\include\csutil\csstring.h(1068) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
archive.cpp"
sunshine
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 02:41:45 pm »

It looks like some additional Windows header needs to be #included before winnt.h. Possibly, it doesn't know the definition of POVID64 or it doesn't understand something else near those lines in winnt.h. If you can figure out which header is missing, we can add it to the source in the CVS repository.
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 05:28:25 pm »

Last night I compiled (almost latest) version of CVS-version of CS almost without any problem.

There is one outstanding issue related to manifest generation which makes the applications unable to link. If SF resolves the CVS issue they have right now i plan on fixing those tonight.

-M
LightofDarkness

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 06:16:22 pm »

I've fixed my problem. I had to reinstall the PlatformSDK.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: