Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:09:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8569 Members
Latest Member: Embingos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Woman in Flarge v0.99
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Woman in Flarge v0.99  (Read 4080 times)
bernardofd

59948732 bernardofd@click21.com.br
View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2005, 09:14:44 pm »

Hello!

I've looked over the world file of the flarge level which comes with the CS v0.99 to see how that woman can walk, and I shall recnoize that I was very impressed of the way that it is done. You guys achieved Bone animation in the XML! Wow! Smiley Although the code was very very big (about 100K of plain text), it is very clean and do not require any additional lib (like Cal3D) to render that.

What I want to know is with what you exported that, and using which 3D modeler?

Regards

Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:01:12 pm »

That was Errormans addition using the genmeshskelanim (an extension of genmesh) It was done with 3d studio max and his own exporter. This is also undergoing changes to support a more generic skeleton system so stay posted if you are intersted in using this.
bernardofd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 02:44:30 pm »

I'm VERY interested in using this. We've tried to export a character using the Maya exporter and the result was, hmmmm..., wasn't a result at all.

In fact, we'll try to migrate from Maya and 3DStudio for Blender, and I think that this migration will make things better...

Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 11:56:38 pm »

A crystalspace maya exporter or a Cal3d maya exporter?
bernardofd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 02:39:05 pm »

CrystalSpace Exporter for Maya... That which comes in the scripts paste with CS. I know that script is ancient, but we resolved to give a try.

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 02:47:03 pm »

Hi, bernardofd,
 Currently i'm making HUGE changes in genmesh skeletal animation system. The current one in CS has a lot of limitations. For example: the skeleton is defined inside the mesh and it can't be shared between several meshes. The new skeletal system is almost done and it has a lot of features:
 - hardware skinning via Cg vertex program (transforms vertices, normals, tangents and bitangents for correct normal mapping).
 - skeleton is defined outside of the mesh and several meshes can be attached to it.
 - every mesh can use up to 41 bones from skeleton (it is limited by the Cg shader input variables length) - for example if your mesh uses more than 41 skeleton bones you can detach head or hands in a different mesh that uses the same skeleton.
 - ragdoll will be part of the skeleton system too
 - there are sockets on the skeleton where you can attach user objects
 - New stencil shadow system for animated meshes is on the way too.

There is an exporter for the old skeleton system (CS/scripts/max/gmeshskelanim/export_genmesh_skelanim.mcr), but it's a bit outdated and unusable at the moment. Soon i'll add new 3ds max exporter.
Long time ago i wrote an exporter for Maya that exports Sprite3D frame based animation (CS/scripts/maya/exportsprite.mel), but i don't have time to create Maya exporter for the new skeleton system. You can feel free to write one Smiley.

Greetings.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: