Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:14:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8479 Members
Latest Member: Darbee3
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CARBON COPY OF CELTEST IS REFUSING TO FIND cally.cal3d ON VFS!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CARBON COPY OF CELTEST IS REFUSING TO FIND cally.cal3d ON VFS!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3147 times)
FCP

Email
« on: March 17, 2006, 07:28:38 pm »

After I have successfully managed to get my own CEL application to compile after spending half a day on setting dependecies THAT WERENT DESCRIBED in the documentation, I run into this File System problem - despite being THE EXACT copy of celtest for some reason my app cant find the model (cally.cal3d) to load. Now I have checked the VFS.cfg and even tried to reset the path to cally.cal3d in it and so far my application STILL cant find the  model.

My CRYSTAL and CEL variables are set correctly because the original celtst WORKS FINE.

And yes i used VC++ to compile it because DevCpp SUCKS.

I would REALLY appreciate some help with this, preferably BEFORE hell freezes over!!! 
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:02:15 pm »

This is a known limitation. You'll have to copy the vfs.cfg from cel to your application directory. This is a bug that we plan to fix. For now the workaround is to copy vfs.cfg.

Greetings,
FCP

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:15:36 pm »

That was my first guess and copying vsf.cfg over didnt help - the app still cant find the file. Is there something I need to change in the code as well, like the mounting data?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:21:49 pm »

That was my first guess and copying vsf.cfg over didnt help - the app still cant find the file. Is there something I need to change in the code as well, like the mounting data?

Hmm... possibly you'll have to change vfs.cfg so that it refers to the path where CEL actually is. I'm not sure it is easy to solve it at this moment. Perhaps copying over cally model to your application is the best solution here? Otherwise you can try by modifying vfs.cfg (the local copy you copied from cel)

Greetings,
FCP

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:28:02 pm »

I just wanted to say that Smiley After modifying the vsf.cfg I suddennly realised that its looking in *current directory*/data folder for the model. That would explain why it couldnt be found before! Anyway I created a folder called data and shoved the model in it - now it works (THANK GOD). Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: